Oklahoma Child Care Resource & Referral Association
The Oklahoma Child Care Resource & Referral Association and The Oklahoma Department of Human Services Child Care Services partner to provide the OK Shared Services knowledge hub to early care and education professionals across the state.
The Oklahoma Child Care Resource & Referral Association was founded in 1999 as a private, not-for-profit corporation that
- Helps families find care and offers in-depth consumer education so parents can make informed choices.
- Assists child care providers by offering resources, training, and on-site technical assistance to improve the quality of care.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports data about child care demand, availability, quality, and cost statewide on a yearly basis. For more info, visit:
- Provides information to enable policy-makers and community members to advocate effectively for continuous improvements in Oklahoma’s child care system.
- Supports the local resource and referral agencies to ensure consistent, high-quality services.
Our mission is to ensure that all Oklahoma families have access to quality care and education for their children through community-based resource and referral services.
Oklahoma Department of Human Services Child Care Services (CCS) works in partnership with parents, legislators, the Child Care Advisory Committee, child care providers, the federal Office of Child Care, Smart Start Oklahoma, state agencies, tribes, contractors, and other stakeholders who are committed to fulfilling our mission. Oklahoma Department of Human Services Child Care Licensing helps ensure trained supervision, nutrition and education for children while their parents or caregivers are at work, in training or receiving an education.
Research indicates children experiencing a high-quality early childhood education are better prepared to enter school and have more positive outcomes throughout their lives. We are proud of Oklahoma’s commitment to support families and children by investing in quality child care.